Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Past Two Weeks...

I joined two road races....
One was a Half Marathon, the other was a 10-miler. Somehow, the 10-miler seemed harder to accomplish!

I got one of my fastest half marathon times ever (2nd best) and my worst 10-miler performance ever.

There were ample marshals in one race while in the other, nobody was even manning the water station. It was get your own water bottle from the plastic bag on the floor.

One was a race, the other became a walkathon... sort of!

One was hard running on the steep hills and desert feeling. I thought that was the hardest race. I was dead wrong come the next weekend. Now that gave the meaning of STEEP HILLS!

One was just 10minutes drive from my house. The other was a 30-minute car drive, 1.5 hour boat ride, and two trolley rides to the starting line!

One lasted until 9:30am. The other lasted until 7pm! There goes my entire day!

Both were good times as spent in with friends

One race lead to my wife injuring herself. I wasn't in a good condition too and thought of resting for a while...

I got a finisher medal.

I used said finisher medal as part of the Xmas Tree Ornaments. Wife super duper excited about the tree. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!. I'm just happy I found uses for the medals.

Didn't get the singlet for one race. But at the end of the day, I just didn't care. I just want to go home!

Had super hard time chasing after coach Alvin in one of his tempo runs. Heel pain.
Four days later, pain still there! :(

Having seconds thoughts about Cebu race. Won't register yet until I've made up my mind. But I did register for Celebrity Run the second time around.

But the Cebu race keeps reeling me in... Damn that ego. Damn that curiosity!

Soooooo looking forward to a weekend without an early morning race! Is this running fatboy finally burning out???

Realized that except for the weekend after my No.2 Marathon, I have been joining and running road races every weekend. I need to rest again!


Pictures from New Balance 21km race at Fort Bonifacio and Corregidor 10-miler.

















7 comments:

Gingerbreadman said...

Hey Dennis, it was nice to run into the two of you at Corregidor. I agree, those hills are a joke haha. That picture I took of you at the battery has been uploaded to my Facebook. Rest up and take it easy.

Anonymous said...

im excited to see your christmas tree. :D dont forget to post a picture. hehe - bards

Running Fatboy said...

hi Luis, nice seeing you too! Keep on running :)

hi Bards, haha. Wait for it soon! :)

Hoppo said...

Great blog, just started blooging myself and noticed we have picked a very similar name.

eliel said...

hi dennis. i'm from mindanao. although this is my first time to comment, i have been following your blog for awhile. anyway, if your plan to run in cebu this january will push thru, i hope i could meet you there.

Running Fatboy said...

hi Hoppo, haha. No worries on that. Thaks for visiting.

hi Eliel, will definitely be there in Cebu in January. Only question is what race will I join... See you there at the race :)

22loy said...

Bat sumilaw yung pants ni Per? Reflectorized?