One of the memorable Philippine races that I joined last year was the New Balance Power Race for a number of reasons:
1) It was our first out of town race. It was a two day event held at Clark with the 5km race held on a Saturday and 10km and 25km held on a Sunday. Definitely a new route for us!
2) It was my farthest race ever at 25km. I was scared!
3) We got a finisher medal. All that hard work will forever be immortalized by this thing you hang around your neck.
4) The very cool NB singlet! Unfortunately, I may have misplaced it! :(
5) Hanging out with friends. A lot tried their hand at running as well.
This year, New Balance will stage another road race but instead of Clark, they are now moving the race into Fort Bonifacio. There are 3km, 5km, 10km, 21km events with the latter three having finisher medals, running singlets and race packs too. This race is for a good cause: raising hope for Cancer.Registration will start on August 8, 2009 at NB Stores and Planet Sports Stores. (you will also get 15% discount to shoes and clothing until September 30th)
For more info, click this link