Thursday, April 12, 2012

First Back to Back Race Weekend 2012

RACE #1 - OUTBREAK MANILA : RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Yes, I'm a "Walking Dead" and generally a Zombie fan (28 Days, Day of the Dead, even Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil Series) so to participate in a Zombie run should prove to be quite interesting.

This is a 5km run and we are part of 8:15am wave. We is composed of six member (4 adults, 2 teens) and I still don't know our strategy for this 5km race (do we run separately or as a group?) but one thing for sure, it's going to be an exciting Saturday morning in Nuvali (my first run here EVER!)




RACE #2 - EARTH RUN 21KM

This race had me at "super cheap registration fees"! At just Php 350 (early bird rate), the 21km race kit includes bib, singlet and finisher medal. Its cheap rate proved to be so popular that this race category ran out during the early bird rate! It pays to register early especially for a race this affordable!

I haven't ran a 21km race in a while so even I'm curious as to how I fare here. (The last 21km race I did was last February during the RUNew Event in Alabang and had a horrible time there).

Race route goes around BGC area and goes up and down Kalayaan Bridge too.

Looks to be a fun weekend for this RUNNING FATBOY!

No comments: