Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bonus Feb '09 Race - The Delta 10k Run


After deciding last week that I will do two races in February with a distance of 15km each, I have decided to add one more race and that's for this coming Sunday (February 8) at U.P.

My Reasons to join this race:

1. It's only Php 150. Running a race has never been this cheap!!!! And if you are a U.P. Alumni or U.P. Student, entry is just at Php 100 !!
f
2. It's for a good cause! This race is for the benefit of the Children of DSWD - Bago Bantay, Quezon City. For me, anything that's for a good cause is worth running for!

3. On a personal note, the 10km distance is perfect too as my program requires me to run 10km that day. Joining a race will be more exciting for me than just running by myself.

4. For Payback! On our last race in UP, which was the UP ICTUS RACE , Per and I both suffered big time in our finish time. We both got injured in that race and had to do a lot of walk breaks! Hopefully, we can redeem ourselves in this race!

Goals:
ddd
1. Out of the 5 UP 10km races I joined last year, I only finished 1 at sub-60 so hoping to do that again for this race.
ddd
2. Beat current UP record of 58:38

Race details:

It will have a 2km, 5km and 10km category. 10km is two 5km loops. Registration starts at 5AM but if you want them to reserve a slot for you (like we did), leave a comment at their multiply website: http://dlsupvstfunrun.multiply.com/. Race will start at 6:30AM (hopefully, it won't be too hot by then), with venue at UP Academic Oval (near College of Music).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck! Sarap may mga long distance races dyan. Wala pang races dito sa Seattle kasi winter pa.

Running Fatboy said...

thanks Wilbert. Good luck on your training there.