Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My February 2009 Races: Power RUNew 15kms

I am looking at joining two races for February. These are:

Feb 15: Run Manila '09: Power Run 5/10/15km. Route will be from Mall of Asia to CCP. Registration fee at Php 300. Registration is at Unit 207 Ash Creek center Ortigas Ave. corner Madison st. Greenhills (near Greenhills Shopping Center)


I will do the 15km race while Per will do the 10km race.


My Goal for this race: A new PR. Hopefully this can be done given its flatter course vs the 15km course at Fort Bonifacio.


Feb 22: RUNew (Asian Hospital) 3/5/15km. I am guessing that the race route will be similar to Happy Run, held just recently. Registration fee at Php 300. Registration venue at Nike in Bonifacio High Street (starting Feb 1). Race start at 5:30AM for 15km runners! Wow, very early but I am guessing it's to avoid the heat. All runners can have their pictures taken and printed after the race. More details at http://www.runrio.com/


This will be Per's first 15km and I will run the entire race with her. She doesn't know (yet) that one of my running goals for 2009 is to convince her to do a 15km race. Hehe! :0


My Goal for this race: To Finish it, thereby getting a new Couple PR for 15km. Per may have her own goal for this race, which I will do my best to help her to achieve it.

Both races will help me add mileage for my Marathon training and I may need to run further to achieve my running target.

3 comments:

janine said...

Ooh, puro 15K. =) See you there!

Running Fatboy said...

hey Janine+, o nga. haha.

Anonymous said...

Per, 15K na! easy lang pala eh. hahaha =)