- Three races Per and I joined so far: Tomorrow's 10km Book Run, Feb 21st Century Tuna 21km Run (21 for 21) and Feb 07th Condura Race.
- First two races were easy to join and should be fun for me. No PR targets although for Century Tuna, I want a CR (Couple Record) target as we beat our SF time last November. It shall be Per's 3rd Half Marathon so far. I can attest that all her family and friends are quite surprised that she is able to do this feat.
- Condura race was easy to join too. But I had a very difficult time thinking which event I would go to. Finisher medal wasn't the issue as all race categories will get one. 21km will be the easy one to go for. But I already did that last year. My heel pain is pulling me down on the decision making. I registered for the safer route - 21km , paid for it and got my claim stub. Only....
as I was about to leave the store, a lingering thought kept going into my mind. Can I do another 42km this soon and still this injured? But it was a challenge and I know it was dumb. But I followed my heart instead of my mind, made a U turn back to the counter and changed my race category to a full marathon. 42.2km for just Php 100 more.
It was a tough decision but if I did not finish the race, I have nobody to blame but myself. My goal is to ignore the heel pain, and keep moving forward. Don't stop. Target of 5:30 or below. Definitely not 6:00 or even 5:40. I hope for 5:15. I hope to beat my Cebu Marathon time (nevermind Fresno time as I wasn't injured back then). Positive thinking and hoping for the best. Hoping my heel won't cause me trouble like last time when I was in Cebu. But will enjoy the scenery too.
- I'm getting bored with running. GASP! Can it be I'm burning out again? But I'm not running at all! Can it be I'm getting too comfortable with being a couch potato? Maybe! But I think the real reason is the pain when I run. It's not a good feeling. It hurts. And it slows me down. It makes me want to quit. It makes me want to change into another sport. Who knows? Maybe, after Condura, I may do just that.
- In the meantime, I will start using my ipod again. Music may lift up my spirit. I will use it for tomorrow's race.
See you when I see you...