10. Food stalls and shops at stadium: Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf., Adidas, Photography Stall, Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, Nestle and Stadium snack/cafe selling local dishes. Makes you want to stay longer after the race with all these things to keep you busy (and your tummy full) !
9. Photos: All runners will be photographed at the finish line and photo (4 x 6) will be available for sale for MYR 10 in a special Borneo International Marathon picture frame. I am definitely getting this product!
Avicraft will also be taking pictures during the race and all their pictures will be uploaded in their Facebook account for general viewing pleasure. If you have Facebook account, you can even tag yourself for your friends to see your running picture.
There is also a photo contest that you can do after the race or your non-running friends can do as part of competition.2222
8. Pre-race Food party. Best of is that it is free for all runners! Yippee! Friends and family can also join but will be charged for it (but an affordable rate). There are pizzas, pasta, rice, noodles so plenty for carbo loading!
7. Power gel/ fruit station: The Power Gel station is located at 11km mark for half marathon race while the banana station is located at the 15km mark for half marathon race. In between are various water stations, isotonic drink station, toilets and first aid stations. Don't think there will be a problem with dehydration in this race.
6. Kilometre markers: Are positioned every 1km of the course with the last 10km showing "Km to go" signs. Very nice! Especially like the last 10km signs to motivate myself!
5. Helicopter ride at finish line. With a fee of course but at a special price. Basically, it is a 10-minute copter ride on top of Kota Kinabalu city. Perfect to take loads of pictures and can take shots of where you ran on.
4. Chip Timer. To find out your real race time instead of gun fire time.
3. Massage Service: A free 10 minute foot massage for all half and full marathon finishers via coupon given out at finish line. I pity the massagers who have to massage our dirty smelly feet though...
2. Instead of Borneo International Marathon Singlet given to half marathon racers, an Adidas singlet (originally reserved for Full Marathon runners) will be given out to all racers. Yippee! It's like being part of Philippine's Adidas KOTR race.
1. The finisher medal for half and full marathon finishers. To prove to others that yes, you did finish this race.
So excited for this race!! :)