Friday, February 8, 2013

Why Run? Reason # 6

REASON # 6:  TO LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE


Yesterday morning, I had to run 10 kilometers but rather than run repetitive loops inside the village, which I almost always do, I decided instead to venture outside via the small gate at the side of the village. 

I had no cash and no water with me.  I was in an unknown area, as I had never ventured here before, and I loved every minute of it!

Pretty soon, I was able to complete the needed distance quickly and with enough distractions that I didn't feel the fatigue.

Running makes you leave your comfort zone - whether it is running in a new area, a longer distance or a different kind of running (trail running or barefoot running), it makes you think of other things that you can do in life!
  


No comments: