That's about it. No pressure on time as automatic PR once I cross the finish line and cut off time pretty lenient. I just hope to end this race strong and not "hit the wall". Hoping all the long runs pay off! This is it! Fat fingers crossed!
Some challenges to this race though:
1. It has been raining in Singapore for two days now. Weather forecast rain till end of this week. Oh man! I wish I wish I wish for no rain ! Blisters will definitely come out and socks/ shoes will all be wet!
2. Mental preparation for first 21km. Although it will be a flat course for first half of the Marathon, it will just be one long road. No turns, no new sceneries and no cheering fans (as most will be asleep when we start the race). It will just be you and the one long road for next 2.5 hours!
3. There will be trail running involved! WHAT???? Oh no! Running will be difficult on uneven surface. Much more if the surface turned into mud because of the rain.
4. Three to four overpasses to climb up on. Steps to go up. Won't be able to run up here. Knees will feel the pain.
5. One big hill at near the end of the finish line. 'Nuff said!
6. Sleepy for midnight run. Need double espresso before race starts or there will be a Fatboy snoring on the sidewalks.
7. I heard news from my sister that race measurement exceeds 42.2km (even reaching 44 -45km). I sincerely hope this is not true!
If only I can be like Alfred E. Neuman!
Definitely not recommended for a first timer. But too late to back out now. So, I will just enjoy the experience and hope to survive it !